Wednesday 5 September 2012

First English lesson

Phew!  That was a good first lesson.  I wasn't the only new kid on the block, another new fish, or boy to be precise joined today as well.  Good to know I'm not the only one.  We started by looking ahead the rest of year, it's going to go really quickly!  Miss Young tried to get Alex to tell a joke but he didn't know any.   Melissa told a knock knock joke, it was terrible.  However the worst joke came from Miss Young, oh dear someone by that woman a joke book.

Miss Young introduced the first topic which is writing about our lives and about a day in our lives.  We spent time filling in a grid about what we do in a typical day.  Everyone seemed to have a lot more to write than me.  I lead a pretty simple life in this bowl but I'm happy.  The key to good writing is detail.  Details, details, details.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Youngie,

    I understand you are new at school but reading your blog there are some mistakes. Speak to Miss Young for help with this if you need it.

    "However the worst joke came from Miss Young, oh dear someone by that woman a joke book" - end of the first paragraph.

    By is a homophone(it sounds the same as buy, even though the spelling is different, just like to, too, and two)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scouse Vasey that is very useful thank you! I think I've got it now....I think it goes like this....

    by - the bus passed by

    buy - someone buy that woman a joke book

    Yesssss! Thanks for your help.

    Youngie OoooOOO

    ReplyDelete